7.3.12

RECIPE: HEALTHY BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS




My friend Maggie taught me how to bake. She started me off with a really simple recipe for banana muffins. I’ve modified the recipe to create a healthier version with lots of oats and no sugar. Try them out and let me know what you think.

If you're feeling decadent, substitute the blueberries for semi-sweet chocolate chips. My husband is a big fan.

Ingredients:
3 very ripe bananas
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1 egg
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

Preheat oven to 350◦F.
Mix bananas, agave nectar, maple syrup, egg and olive oil.
Mix in blueberries.
Mix in oats, flour and baking powder.
Bake for 25 minutes. Check the middle with a knife to make sure the knife comes out clean.

Enjoy with a cup of coffee in the morning or tea in the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...